The TU Dortmund University aims to make its websites and mobile applications accessible in accordance with EU Directive 2016/2102. The following declaration on accessibility documents the status of implementation for the websiteVerordnung zur Schaffung barrierefreier Informationstechnik nach dem Behindertengleichstellungsgesetz Nordrhein-Westfalen (Ordinance on the creation of barrier-free information technology in accordance with the North Rhine-Westphalia Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities Act)
Status of compatibility with the requirements
This website is PARTIALLY COMPLIANT with EU Directive 2016/2102.
Testing methodology: SELF-ASSESSMENT
Created on: 26 July 2021
Checked last on: 26 July 2021
The following content is not accessible:
• PDF documents embedded in the web presence
• Videos embedded in the web presence
• The currently used color tones do not all achieve the required contrast at a browser zoom factor of 100 percent.
- Due to the large number of PDF documents made available that were created before 23.09.2018, it has not yet been possible to convert them to an accessible format. They will be successively adjusted.
- The provision of the videos with an audio description could not be realized so far.
- In case of non-accessible enrollment documents, please contact the Studierendensekretariat. In the case of examination regulations that are not barrier-free, please contact the Zentrale Prüfungsverwaltung. For other cases please contact us (see below).
- The embedded videos are Youtube files. Here there is the possibility to fade in automatic subtitles.
- When strongly magnified via the browser zoom, the necessary contrast is given. We are working on a fully accessible solution in this regard.
Feedback and contact
You can report accessibility compliance deficiencies to us and request information about content that is exempt from the policy.
Contact: Office Chair PVM
Telephone: +49 231 755 6623
Please include the keyword accessibility in your message and let us know which content you are referring to by mentioning the URL.
If you have not received a satisfactory response to communications or inquiries about accessibility within six weeks, you can contact the Ombudsman's Office for Accessible Information Technology. It is assigned to the Representative for the Interests of Persons with Disabilities in accordance with Section 11 of the North Rhine-Westphalia Act on Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities. If you wish to have an ombudsman procedure, please fill in the corresponding Antrag and send it by E-Mail to the Ombudsman's Office.
Ombudsstelle für barrierefreie Informationstechnik des
Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen bei der Landesbeauftragten
für Menschen mit Behinderungen
Further information on accessibility at TU Dortmund University
On the following page you will find an overview of measures taken by the TU Dortmund University to reduce barriers as well as helpful links to offers and contact persons: TU Dortmund inklusiv
DoBuS - the Department of Disability and Studies at TU Dortmund University - offers advice and services for students and teachers with the aim of creating equal opportunity conditions for persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses in studying and teaching. DoBuS.
TU Dortmund offers information about its profile in Leichter Sprache (easy language).